• Archives
  • Subscribe

• Jobs Forum
    (Career Center)
  • Submit
  • Archives
  • Subscribe
  • Career Center - Message forums

Opportunity: Scientist, Bioinformatics (#6284BR) @ Regeneron Pharmaceuticals -- Tarrytown, NY (US)
    Submitted by Yushen Chang; posted on Monday, April 25, 2016

BACKGROUND

The Molecular Profiling group is looking for a Scientist to analyze immuno-oncology (I/O) clinical, preclinical, and public profiling data to support I/O target mechanism studies, biomarker and target discovery & development, as well as implement and develop I/O data analysis pipeline using cutting-edge algorithms and statistically sound methodologies.

RESPONSIBILITIES

• Collaborate with immuno-Oncology (I/O) scientists in preclinical and clinical departments to design profiling experiments and draft data analysis plan
    • Communicate results with I/O scientists, refine analysis based on feedback, and plan/prioritize follow-up experiments
    • Prepare clear, concise and easy-to-understand presentations and documentations for collaborators, senior management and government agencies
    • Analyze proprietary and public profiling data to support I/O targets and biomarker discovery
    • Analyze proprietary tox profiling data to support Tox studies
    • Analyze proprietary clinical profiling data to support Clinical studies
    • Contribute to team effort of developing I/O data analysis strategies and establishing I/O data analysis best practices
    • Participate in team effort of organizing and integrating proprietary and public molecular profiling data to enable data sharing and visualization for bench scientists

REQUIREMENTS

This position requires a minimum of a PhD in a related field, and preferably 2+ years postdoctoral experience. Additional requirements include, but are not limited to:
    • Expertise in immuno-oncology
    • Expertise in NGS data analysis to detect gene expression, variants, copy number variation, fusion and alternative splicing
    • Strong preference for R power users, especially DeSeq 6+
    • Strong preference for experience in Single Cell Sequencing
    • Experience with analyzing cancer profiling data in the public domain such as TCGA
    • Experience with a variety of molecular profiling platforms such as microarray and NGS, and their data analysis best practices
    • Familiarity with TCR repertoire sequence analysis, antigen prediction, modeling (e.g., machine learning) and network building (e.g. gene regulation networks): Keen interest and determination to be at the cutting-edge of algorithms and model building
    • Familiarity with bioinformatics tools and software such as R/Matlab, Linux, Perl, Python, Ruby, Java, Ruby on Rails, SQL, web programming

PREFERENCES

PhD with 2+ years postdoctoral experience analyzing TCR repertoire.

TERMS

Regular, full Time position eligible for employee benefits.

LOCALE

Tarrytown, New York.

COMPENSATION

Commensurate to experience.

HOW TO APPLY

Please visit https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGWEbHost/jobdetails.aspx?partnerid=25570&siteid=5080&jobId=645606&codes=futurestep

DEADLINE

No deadline.

POLICY

EEO

Expanded view | Monitor forum | Save place

Start a new thread:
    You have to be logged in to post a reply.

Copyright © 2024 Scilico, LLC · Privacy Policy