• Jobs Forum
    (Career Center)
  • Submit
  • Archives
  • Subscribe
  • Career Center - Message forums

Opportunity Sought: In vivo and in silico double skill
    Submitted by bob; posted on Friday, January 21, 2005

I currently teach bioinformatics at the University of Paris XI, France, since September 2004, and I was granted my PhD degree in Genomics and Bioinformatics in November 2004, at the University of Paris VI, France. I am seeking a position in the area of bioinformatics, if possible in close collaboration with biologists. Indeed, my thesis work at the Laboratory of Molecular Genetics of Translation (located at the Institute of Genetics and Microbiology of Orsay, France) has always coupled in silico tools with in vivo approaches. Therefore, I would very much wish to continue further with this multidisciplinary expertise.

My thesis tackled ribosomal frameshifting in the yeast S. cerevisiae with a genomic approach. For this purpose, results yielded by in silico analyses and modelizations of the frameshifting process (such as Unix, Perl/CGI, HTML, PHP, C/C++, SQL) were evaluated in vivo using molecular biology, microbiology and genomic tools. In such a context, I acquired a rigorous double experience in molecular biology and bioinformatics, and I was also led to initiate collaborative projects with biologists, computer scientists and statisticians. At the same time, I was given the responsibility of training students and researchers. Also I appreciated very mush interacting with colleagues when contributing to various international meetings and conferences. These latter, as well as extra-professional activities made me travel abroad, which I would gladly continue in my future work.

My resume is enclosed for your review and consideration. I would welcome the opportunity to speak regarding opportunities that may be available currently or in the near future.

MichaŽl Bekaert

Expanded view | Monitor forum | Save place

Start a new thread:
    You have to be logged in to post a reply.

Copyright © 2016 · Scilico, LLC