(Career Center)
  • Submit
  • Archives
  • Subscribe
  • I, Librarian: bibliography manager - Message forums

Discussion forums: Help

Expanded view | Monitor forum | Save place

Submitted by Nobody; posted on Wednesday, December 31, 2003
    I installed Librarian 1.1a sucessfully, but I get as far as a list of PMID's to select from and then it keeps telling me to complete the form and the fields Publication and Category are emptied out each time, so I assume these are not doing anything. A couple of things were not mentioned. Normally after installation of modules I remove the install.php, so I did. Then chmod files, but it didn't say which ones. So I had to guess. Although I installed this separate from similar databases in mysql, there are other databases running on php and I'm wondering if its possible its affected them, because some have disappeared. The data is not important because we are still setting them up, but if its affected php then I need to know, in a separate database I have library, topics and category. The thing is that I only want to use librarian to do a data check on our records in a new database that needs to be set up, once I understand how it works I'd like to just check records with PMID's. Any and all suggestions are welcome. Thank you maz

Post a followup to this message:
    You have to be logged in to post a reply.
    Thread view
    Installed
    Submitted by Nobody; posted on Wednesday, December 31, 2003
    I installed Librarian 1.1a sucessfully, but I get as far as a list of PMID's to select from and then it keeps telling me to complete the form and the fields Publication and Category are emptied out each time, so I assume these are not doing anything. A couple of things were not mentioned. Normally after installation of modules I remove the install.php, so I did. Then chmod files, but it didn't say which ones. So I had to guess. Although I installed this separate from similar databases in mysql, there are other databases running on php and I'm wondering if its possible its affected them, because some have disappeared. The data is not important because we are still setting them up, but if its affected php then I need to know, in a separate database I have library, topics and category. The thing is that I only want to use librarian to do a data check on our records in a new database that needs to be set up, once I understand how it works I'd like to just check records with PMID's. Any and all suggestions are welcome. Thank you maz

Copyright © 2024 Scilico, LLC · Privacy Policy