(Career Center)
  • Submit
  • Archives
  • Subscribe
  • BioC#: Biolibrary for C# - Message forums

Discussion forums: Open Discussion

Expanded view | Monitor forum | Save place

Submitted by Clyde Danganan; posted on Tuesday, March 14, 2006
    There is similar open source initiative based upon Java and Web services (http://ncicb.nci.nih.gov/infrastructure/open_dev_initiative/caBIO). This may be a good model to follow.

Post a followup to this message:
    You have to be logged in to post a reply.
    Thread view
    Welcome to Open Discussion
    Submitted by Unset; posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2002
    Submitted by Nobody; posted on Monday, February 03, 2003
    is this project really under development? how can i help? ricardo@bms.co.uk
    Submitted by Sean McDaid; posted on Wednesday, May 10, 2006
    Hi, My name is Sean McDaid, I am currently employed as a bioinformatician. Previously I worked in software development initially with Java/C in a UNIX environment. I then moved onto C# and the .NET frmaework. My area of interest in bioinformatics is mainly in sequencing and data analysis. As this project has such a large scope I propose we start the ball rolling on the development of some preprocessing & statistical analysis packages for microarrays. It is also important that we implement an effective development strategy, and modularize the components correctly. This will prevent us duplicating our efforts and running into problems down the line. If it would be possible to outline a list of the bioinformatical areas we wish to include, perhaps some of the software architects(grepninja?) could create a tentative model. Also as dangac mentioned it would be wise to look to the caBIO (http://ncicb.nci.nih.gov/infrastructure/open_dev_initiative/caBIO) architecture, to see how they approached it. I will begin some initial work on this shortly. Regards, Sean
    Submitted by Clyde Danganan; posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2006
    Hello Sean, My apologies for not being more vigilant for new posts to this forum. Please shoot me an email (dangac@bioinformatics.org)with any thoughts you have on how next to proceed with this project. Thanks.
    moving forward with BioC#?
    Submitted by Chris Baglieri; posted on Friday, June 06, 2003
    i noticed that someone else posted a similar item to this dicussion group... i am a senior software engineer fluent in C# and pursuing my MS in bioinformatics. i would love to see a project of this nature take off and i think that over time this will be of tremendous value in the industry. i am willing to help and would love to hear if anything is happening with this. contact me if so. Chris Baglieri chris_baglieri@hotmail.com
    Java-based bioinformatics objects
    There is similar open source initiative based upon Java and Web services (http://ncicb.nci.nih.gov/infrastructure/open_dev_initiative/caBIO). This may be a good model to follow.
    Submitted by Christopher Frenz; posted on Tuesday, November 25, 2003
    I would be interested in learning more about what functionality you seek to include and possibly interested in helping to develop some of it.
    Submitted by John Tobler; posted on Friday, December 17, 2004
    When and if anyone gets serious about making this project happen, I would be very interested in helping. I'm a senior .NET architect and engineer with a wide and deep background in any number of languages and platforms. CSharpener's Weblog: http://weblogs.asp.net/jtobler/
    please let me know if I am of any
    Submitted by mohammad ali asad; posted on Friday, July 22, 2005
    the project you are working on sems really interesting.W would love to help you out with it.Even though im not that experienced doing my BS in Bioinformatics but i guess itll be a good experience.
    I am unclear as to the intent of this project. Is the goal to create a framework/object model in C# .NET from which applications can be built? From anybody's experience, how much demand is there for this type of library?

Copyright © 2024 Scilico, LLC · Privacy Policy