(Career Center)
  • Submit
  • Archives
  • Subscribe
  • WAX: Wide Area XML system - Message forums

Discussion forums: Open Discussion

Expanded view | Monitor forum | Save place

Submitted by Brad Marshall; posted on Thursday, March 01, 2001
    Hey there, Welcome to WAX. Come on in, the water's fine. I want to start off with a short explanation about the goals/purposes of WAX. As anyone reading this probably knows, there is much biological knowledge to be gained spread across the web - along with many powerful applications. The problem is just that - it's spread across the web. WAX is a system that will make it a little easier to integrate this knowledge and these applications. How does it work? Well, the system is very XML/RDF centric. The major data formats will be xml formats and the rdf ties it all together. For XML and RDF explanations, just check out www.w3.org. I don't have the CVS up yet, but I assure you this is not vaporware. If you want to see any more details, check out : http://whitefly.lbl.gov/cgi-bin/wiki/view.pl/FlyWeb/WideAreaXml Watch this space for updates. Brad

Post a followup to this message:
    You have to be logged in to post a reply.
    Thread view
    Welcome.
    Submitted by Brad Marshall; posted on Thursday, March 01, 2001
    Hey there, Welcome to WAX. Come on in, the water's fine. I want to start off with a short explanation about the goals/purposes of WAX. As anyone reading this probably knows, there is much biological knowledge to be gained spread across the web - along with many powerful applications. The problem is just that - it's spread across the web. WAX is a system that will make it a little easier to integrate this knowledge and these applications. How does it work? Well, the system is very XML/RDF centric. The major data formats will be xml formats and the rdf ties it all together. For XML and RDF explanations, just check out www.w3.org. I don't have the CVS up yet, but I assure you this is not vaporware. If you want to see any more details, check out : http://whitefly.lbl.gov/cgi-bin/wiki/view.pl/FlyWeb/WideAreaXml Watch this space for updates. Brad
    CVS is up!
    Submitted by Brad Marshall; posted on Tuesday, March 13, 2001
    CVS is up. Sorry there's not much documentation yet. The most interesting stuff is in software/python_modules/rdf and applications/IggyB . Brad
    Welcome.
    Submitted by Nobody; posted on Saturday, January 05, 2002
    I am an XML programming, and gonig to get my masters in BIOINFO. , do u have room for another programmer to help with this project?? thx twoencore@hotmail.com

[G6GFindr]
    Copyright © 2017 · Scilico, LLC