• Jobs Forum
    (Career Center)
  • Submit
  • Archives
  • Subscribe
  • Molekel - Message forums

Discussion forums: Help

Expanded view | Monitor forum | Save place

Submitted by Constantine Mavromichalis; posted on Saturday, September 19, 2009
    Nevermind I solved my problem. Anyone interested I used Unix2Dos to convert the file to work correctly with Molekel on Windows, then renamed the .out files to .gam.

Post a followup to this message:
    You have to be logged in to post a reply.
    Thread view
    Trouble Opening GAMESS output file
    Running the GAMESS (April 11, 2008 version) I get my results in .out files. Molekel will not open these .out files. Looking: http://molekel.cscs.ch/wiki/pmwiki.php/ReferenceGuide/FileFormats It says GAMESS output is .gam or .gamout; which I have not heard of. If I rename my output files to this then it gives me "Cannot read: C:/Filename.gam with Molekel 4.6 read_gamess() function." As far as I know the standard output for GAMESS on the systems I worked the output files is with .out extension. Has anyone had a similar problem or know a fix for this?
    Re: Trouble Opening GAMESS output file
    Nevermind I solved my problem. Anyone interested I used Unix2Dos to convert the file to work correctly with Molekel on Windows, then renamed the .out files to .gam.

Copyright © 2018 · Scilico, LLC