• Subscribe

• Jobs Forum
    (Career Center)
  • Submit
  • Archives
  • Subscribe
  • News & Commentary - Message forums

3-6 month Bioinformatics Internship in Germany starting Oct 1, 2002
    Submitted by Georg Fuellen; posted on Thursday, September 12, 2002 (8 comments)

Your task will be the development of a (standalone) C-Version of software running already in Perl on a WWW server. The software manipulates sequence data to infer the history of the sequences, and the main part (the engine doing the calculations) is described in all details in a dissertation and two subsequent publications. Regression tests are available, and the current Perl code is well-documented as far as the engine is concerned. You will have access to state-of-the-art computing infrastructure.

You need to have extensive experience in C programming. Bioinformatics experience is useful, but not required – C programming experience is by far the most important criterion.

Payment is approx. 1020 Euros per month, tax-free, but all travelling and lodging expenses have to be paid by yourself. It is possible that you will be given the opportunity to continue work in bioinformatics eg in the form of PhD research.

Please send Resume/CV and the names of 2-3 references, via email only; ASCII text and HTML are preferred. If you send Word files, please attach the ASCII version of the file as well, no matter how well-formatted it is. Return receipts are sent if you request them in the first line of your email. Please do not inquire on the status of your application; the successful candidate will be contacted by email, phone and/or fax, and the current state of things will be noted at http://ifg-izkf.uni-muenster.de/fuellen/intern.html

Dr Georg Fuellen fuelleninternwanted[at]uni-muenster.de
    alum.mit.edu/www/fuellen

Expanded view | Monitor forum | Save place

Re: 3-6 month Bioinformatics Internship in Ge
    Submitted by Ron Cecchini; posted on Thursday, September 12, 2002
    Why aren't there any jobs like this in Boston... Granted, that pay is small, but it's a foot in the door - and that's all I want at this point!

Post a followup to this message:
    You have to be logged in to post a reply.
    Thread view
    Submitted by Ron Cecchini; posted on Thursday, September 12, 2002
    Why aren't there any jobs like this in Boston... Granted, that pay is small, but it's a foot in the door - and that's all I want at this point!
    Submitted by Nobody; posted on Wednesday, September 29, 2004
    Hi I am doing masters in bioinformatics from Rai University ,New Delhi,India.I want to do a 4-6 months internship from your oganization. So can youp lease help me in the same matter? My email address is hellopurnima2002@yahoo.com Regards Purnima Gupta

Copyright © 2024 Scilico, LLC · Privacy Policy