• Archives
  • Subscribe

• Jobs Forum
    (Career Center)
  • Submit
  • Archives
  • Subscribe
  • Career Center - Message forums

Opportunity: BIOINFORMATICS/IMMUNOLOGY Postdoctoral Fellowship--La Jolla, CA (US)
    Submitted by Sue Son; posted on Tuesday, March 08, 2005 (1 comment)

La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology

DESCRIPTION

We are seeking postdoctoral bioinformaticists who are interested in expanding their experience and knowledge in cell biology and immunology. Candidates will help create the Immune Epitope Database, a new bioinformatics resource that will aid the development of vaccines, immunotherapeutics, and diagnostics, and assist scientists better understand immune mechanisms. Projects include curation of data from peer-reviewed journal articles, and development of analytical/predictive modeling tools for immune responses and vaccine development. Candidates will thus have the opportunity to expand their knowledge and working experience in the two cutting edge disciplines of bioinformatics and immunology while working on an NIH-funded program at one of the country?s top immunological research institutes.

REQUIREMENTS

This position requires attention to detail and an interest in reading scientific research articles. Candidates should have a doctoral degree in bioinformatics or related field, with background knowledge of biology and immunology a strong plus.

The position offers an informal work environment in the Pacific Beach area of San Diego. A well-equipped gym and locker room are available on the premises, along with ample free parking. Work hours are flexible, and opportunities for telecommuting may evolve over time. Compensation is commensurate with experience.

HOW TO APPLY

Contact Human Resources at hr[at]liai.org or FAX 858-558-3597
    Company website: http://www.liai.org

Founded in 1988, the La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology is a non-profit medical research center dedicated to increasing knowledge and improving human health through studies of the immune system. Researchers at the institute carry out studies designed to understand and lead to the development of cures for cancer, allergy and asthma, infectious diseases, and autoimmune diseases such as diabetes, inflammatory bowel disease and arthritis. The institute's research staff includes over 100 Ph.Ds.

Expanded view | Monitor forum | Save place

Opportunity sought: Seeking a Bioinformatics
    Submitted by Nobody; posted on Thursday, May 05, 2005
    Dear Sir or Madam, I obtained my graduate in Bioinformatics last year. Now I am looking for a job either in a company or in a laboratory. I am ready to work everywhere. I love Bioinformatics and I can work very hard. For further information, please contact me at jeannecambefort@yahoo.fr. Thanks, Jeanne Cambefort Résumé Jeanne Cambefort French, single jeannecambefort@yahoo.fr Education 2003-2004: DEA « Génomique et Informatique » at the University of Rennes. A post-graduate specialization in Bioinformatics for fifth year students (research oriented), (with distinction). 2002-2003: DESS de Bioinformatique at the University of Lille. A post-graduate specialization in Bioinformatics for fifth year students (with distinction). 2000-2002: Licence et Maîtrise d?Informatique at the University of Bordeaux. (equivalent to B.Sc and M.Sc Degree in Computer Science). Skills ? In Computer Science : Operating system : UNIX (Linux, Solaris, SunOS). Programming languages : Java (JSP, Servlet, Tomcat, Sax), C, Perl, Lisp, Caml. Programming tools : GNU tools (Emacs, Gdb, Gcc, Gprof, ?) Networks : TCP/IP, Ethernet, DNS, HTTP, SMTP. Digital image processing : Gnuplot, Gimp Theoretical Computer Science : Discrete Mathematics, graph theory, languages and automation. Database: Oracle (XML), Sql, MySql. Data-Mining: Weka. ? Biostatistics. ? Knowledge of Biology: Microbiology, Genetics of Eucaryote organisms and Biochemistry. ? English: Good level (reading and writing). Professional experiences January-June 2004: Internship at the University of Nantes, I studied the possible correlation between transcription strength and translation efficiency in T. maritima genome. May-October 2003: Internship at the University of Montréal, I worked on the structural alignment of mRNA pseudoknots of the Prion protein. June-August 2002: Internship at the University of Bordeaux, I programmed tools related to the application of suffix trees in sequence analysis.

Post a followup to this message:
    You have to be logged in to post a reply.
    Thread view
    Opportunity sought: Seeking a Bioinformatics
    Submitted by Nobody; posted on Thursday, May 05, 2005
    Dear Sir or Madam, I obtained my graduate in Bioinformatics last year. Now I am looking for a job either in a company or in a laboratory. I am ready to work everywhere. I love Bioinformatics and I can work very hard. For further information, please contact me at jeannecambefort@yahoo.fr. Thanks, Jeanne Cambefort Résumé Jeanne Cambefort French, single jeannecambefort@yahoo.fr Education 2003-2004: DEA « Génomique et Informatique » at the University of Rennes. A post-graduate specialization in Bioinformatics for fifth year students (research oriented), (with distinction). 2002-2003: DESS de Bioinformatique at the University of Lille. A post-graduate specialization in Bioinformatics for fifth year students (with distinction). 2000-2002: Licence et Maîtrise d?Informatique at the University of Bordeaux. (equivalent to B.Sc and M.Sc Degree in Computer Science). Skills ? In Computer Science : Operating system : UNIX (Linux, Solaris, SunOS). Programming languages : Java (JSP, Servlet, Tomcat, Sax), C, Perl, Lisp, Caml. Programming tools : GNU tools (Emacs, Gdb, Gcc, Gprof, ?) Networks : TCP/IP, Ethernet, DNS, HTTP, SMTP. Digital image processing : Gnuplot, Gimp Theoretical Computer Science : Discrete Mathematics, graph theory, languages and automation. Database: Oracle (XML), Sql, MySql. Data-Mining: Weka. ? Biostatistics. ? Knowledge of Biology: Microbiology, Genetics of Eucaryote organisms and Biochemistry. ? English: Good level (reading and writing). Professional experiences January-June 2004: Internship at the University of Nantes, I studied the possible correlation between transcription strength and translation efficiency in T. maritima genome. May-October 2003: Internship at the University of Montréal, I worked on the structural alignment of mRNA pseudoknots of the Prion protein. June-August 2002: Internship at the University of Bordeaux, I programmed tools related to the application of suffix trees in sequence analysis.

Copyright © 2024 Scilico, LLC · Privacy Policy