• Jobs Forum
    (Career Center)
  • Submit
  • Archives
  • Subscribe
  • Molekel - Message forums

Molekel quits on me in Windows XP
    Submitted by Ian Konen; posted on Friday, August 03, 2007
    I have had no luck with Molekel 5.1.1 or 5.2 in Windows XP. I've tried a couple of different Gaussian .log files (G03 and G98) and a .xyz file, and they all cause Molekel to quit as soon as I load. I'm pretty sure it's not the file format, because if I purposely mess up the input file, I get an error message about openbabel (and the program stays open). But with a working input file, it just quits with no explanation other than the XP dialog telling me Molekel has unexpectedly quit. Has anyone else been able to get it to work in XP?
    Re: Molekel quits on me in Windows XP
    Submitted by Molekel Admin; posted on Friday, August 10, 2007
    Hi, what graphics card do you have ? is it an ATI ? Note sure what it is, but in case it's the graphic driver you can set the value of two environment variables as follows: * COIN_FULL_INDIRECT_RENDERING=0 * COIN_FORCE_GL1_0_ONLY=1 before launching Molekel to disable the use of advanced OpenGL features.
    Submitted by Ian Konen; posted on Monday, August 13, 2007
    Hey, thanks for the help. I do have an ATI card, and that did fix it. Actually, it still runs without setting the "COIN_FULL_INDIRECT_RENDERING" variable, so it looks like all I need is set COIN_FORCE_GL1_0_ONLY=1 I have no idea what that means, but hopefully it rules out 50% of the possible problems :-)
    Submitted by Antony Memboeuf; posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007
    Hello !! I've exactly the same problem as the one Ian Konen described above (the same sudden quitting way with the windows error message, and I also have ATI graphic card and a lot of fancy Open GL, 3D accelerator, ...), but I don't really understand what I should do to solve it ... I mean how do I set up that value COIN_FORCE_GL1_0_ONLY=1 is a mystery for me !!!! thanks in advance for your help !! Antony Memboeuf (a new Molekel user)
    Submitted by Molekel Admin; posted on Tuesday, February 19, 2008
    To set the environment variables permanently on Windows XP right-click on My Computer then select the Advanced tab and click on the Environment Variables button.
    Add a message to this thread:
    You have to be logged in to post a reply.

Copyright © 2024 Scilico, LLC · Privacy Policy