KGTESTS : A SIMPLE EXCEL MACRO PROGRAM TO DETECT SIGNATURES OF POPULATION EXPANSION USING MICROSATELLITES
KGTESTS is a Microsoft Excel Program that I prepared, which implements the k and g tests to check for signatures of population expansion as described by Reich and Goldstein (1998) and Reich et al. (1999).
1) Reich, D.E., Feldman, M.W. and Goldstein, D.B. (1999) Statistical Properties of Two Tests that Use Multilocus Data Sets to Detect Population Expansions, Mol Biol Evol, 16, 453-466.
2) Reich, D.E. and Goldstein, D.B. (1998) Genetic evidence for a Paleolithic human population expansion in Africa, Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, 95, 8119-8123.
The associated downloads are as follows and are available for download, free of charge, under a general open-license agreement.
1) The program file: http://web1.boun.edu.tr/rasitbilgin/downloads/kgtests.xls
2) The read_me file: http://web1.boun.edu.tr/rasitbilgin/downloads/readme_kgtests.rtf
3) The source code: http://web1.boun.edu.tr/rasitbilgin/downloads/sourcecode_kgtests.rtf