Example:
    Sometimes a <em>user </em>will do this.

Expected:
   Sometimes a user will do this.

Actual:
    Sometimes a userwill do this.

Thank you for your consideration.

Re: Tidy -1

This is expected with the implementation for tidy = -1. From the htmLawed documentation: "To compact, use $config["tidy"] = -1; single instances or runs of white-spaces are replaced with a single space, and white-spaces trailing and leading open and closing tags, respectively, are removed."

Are you suggesting that this be changed, that white-spaces trailing and leading open and closing tags, respectively, should not be removed?

Yes. I am suggesting it be changed.

From the same documentation:

"Browser applications are supposed to consider contiguous white-spaces as just a single space, and to disregard white-spaces trailing opening tags or preceding closing tags."

Run the code in *any* browser.

Expected result occurs. Thusly, I expect HTMLawed mimics browsers.

I know technically, and to spec, you are correct.

But A/B comparison is another story.

Thank you for your consideration.

You have made a good point.

I have now modified htmLawed's 'tidying' functionality to obtain the behavior that you suggest, and for a couple of other minor fixes to the functionality. These modifications are in the new 1.1.15 version. You can test the new version on the htmLawed demo page, here.

Hey, thanks!

I was away on vacation. Sorry for the delayed response. I am looking at this today. I noticed the htmLawed_TESTCASE.txt diffs as follows:

-    <rt>さい</rt>
-    <rt>とう</rt>
-    <rt>のぶ</rt>
-    <rt>お</rt>
+    <rt>„Åï„ÅÑ</rt>
+    <rt>とう</rt>
+    <rt>のぶ</rt>
+    <rt>„Åä</rt>

(Happens in a few places in that file, Russian for example) Not a show stopper but thought you might like to know.

Best regards,

Thanks for noticing this. Yes, seems like I had a text editor issue with the UTF-8 encoding of the text while changing this file. I will replace the file once I am back from my short break.

patnaik wrote:

I will replace the file once I am back from my short break.

The test-cases file in the htmLawed zip download file has now been replaced with a correctly encoded one.