Topic: Noob here trying to allow Iframe or Frameset in HTMLawed on Vanilla...

As the subject says, i'm building a website in php and i want to include it in Vanilla forum... What i want is insert the pages in the forum as iframe on as a frameset... I saw this is possible but when i put iframe nothing appears... I read that htmlawed is blocking them so i tryed to desactivate it but now the code is showing as simple text... I've just read the documentation about HTMLawed but this is unclear... If i understand right i just have to change Safe=1 to Safe=0 or something like that but what i dont understand is where i need to writhe thoose changes... Do i need to create a config.php in the HTMLawed folder?? Do i just need to put the codes in each page between php tags?? Wahat should i do!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Re: Noob here trying to allow Iframe or Frameset in HTMLawed on Vanilla...

If I understand your post correctly, the Vanilla forum software uses htmLawed internally and it is set such that the 'iframe' element is filtered out, resulting in the Vanilla web-pages not displaying the external content that you have within the iframe.

I have not used Vanilla, but have you checked if there is some administrable setting for the htmLawed filter within Vanilla (in some config or setting file, or through some online form for forum administration)? If not, that is, if the htmLawed setting is hard-coded, you will have to edit one of Vanilla software's PHP files.

I looked at Vanilla's code (version 2) on GitHub at https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/blob/master/. Perhaps you have to edit the file /plugins/HtmLawed/class.htmlawed.plugin.php. HTML elements that are to be filtered out seem to be specified in two functions -- format and FormatRssHtmlCustom -- for class HTMLawedPlugin. You will have to remove 'iframe' from the value for the 'elements' key for '$Config' in both functions.

Re: Noob here trying to allow Iframe or Frameset in HTMLawed on Vanilla...

Oh man i was working on this for about a week now trying everything except that...lol i remove iframe from about every files without succes but now it's working!!! Thank you very much!!!