Topic: Ordersys feature requests and help

Hi,

as I could not find a more suitable contact, I'd like to use this board to communicate with the creators of ordersys.

First of all: it's a graet system to help us to get rid of all the paper sheets for ordering.

However I have a couple of ideas how to improve the system at least for our workflow (which might exist in other institutes as well).

I could hack them in the php basis on my own, but I would then disconnect my installation from future updates and perhaps they are from bigger interest?

In the near future I like to make subtle changes/enhancements:
1) Setting order on "to be confirmed" based on config.php setting.
In our lab most offers have to be confirmed budget-wise. Therefore we print out sheets, hand them to our prof, he signs them, and they are then handed to our technician who orders them.
2) Adding "usual shipping & handling costs" to vendors
3) Ask for specific shipping costs at finalize state
4) Add VAT and Total sum for finalize state (VAT customisable through config.php)

Much later, I like to add a digital "grant permission" feature.

With regards,
Jan

Re: Ordersys feature requests and help

Hi Jan, thank you for trying OrderSys. The feature-requests that you mention are easy to implement. I will work on them and will have a new version of OrderSys prepared sometime next week.

I developed OrderSys keeping in mind the circumstances we had in the lab that I was working in. I do not use it any more but maintain the software nevertheless. It is good to know that others might want to use it and feedback such as yours is helpful in improving the software.

Hi Patnaik,

if you are willing to share the source on git or svn, I would also be willing to help....

With regards,
Jan

and BTW: are you using a different system now? and which?

I am not using any other system. My workplace environment has odd IT-related policies which makes it difficult to operate OrderSys or any similar system.

I do not have a versioning setup with git/svn for the OrderSys software. You are welcome to edit the software code in the OrderSys download (and if you want you can keep the edits to yourself). Unfortunately, there is no API and the code logic is not documented or well-commented. Let me know if you want to edit it to implements the features you have suggested... otherwise I will work on them.