[BiO BB] software categories

J.W. Bizzaro jeff at bioinformatics.org
Wed Apr 25 12:20:03 EDT 2001

Val Bykoski wrote:

>     Yes, that adds more content and looks more convincing to me.
>     I'd suggest also to integrate into the
>     description the "biocontext" and "biofunction" components
>     (meaning the description of the object' context and its biol
>     function, respectively).

That's a good point.  I hadn't considered these.  But where should they go?
They could be alternatives to "manifestation", e.g.

    [OBJECT]
      [BIOFUNCTION]
        [PROGRAM FUNCTION]

    Amino Acid/Protein
      Kinase Activity
        Simulation

They could be in addition to manifestation:

    [OBJECT]
      [MANIFESTATION]
        [BIOFUNCTION]
          [PROGRAM FUNCTION]

    Amino Acid/Protein
      Tertiary Structure
        Kinase Activity
          Simulation

Or they could be in program function:

    [OBJECT]
      [MANIFESTATION]
        [PROGRAM FUNCTION]

    Amino Acid/Protein
      Tertiary Structure
        Functional Analysis

Also, could you give me an example of "biocontext"?

Cheers.
Jeff
J.W. Bizzaro                                jeff at bioinformatics.org
Director, Bioinformatics.org        http://bioinformatics.org/~jeff
"As we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we
should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention
of ours; and this we should do freely and generously."
                   -- Benjamin Franklin