[BiO BB] open source ideas

Joel Dudley Joel.Dudley at DevelopOnline.com
Wed Aug 22 19:56:40 EDT 2001

Well suggested. Once the project is in alpha I will hot it on
Bioinformatics.org and begin looking for additional team members when
needed.

-----Original Message-----
From: James Thompson [mailto:muppetman559 at hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2001 4:38 PM
To: bio_bulletin_board at bioinformatics.org
Subject: Re: [BiO BB] open source ideas

One idea that I have not heard from this discussion group is the use of a
site such as sourceforge.net or bioinformatics.org to host the development
of your work. Sites such as these offer free hosting space and an easy means

for interested parties to find your applications. Also, if your project ever

becomes large enough to require additional people, both of these places
provide easy means to integrate work from multiple programmers.

BiO_Bulletin_Board maillist  -  BiO_Bulletin_Board at bioinformatics.org