[BiO BB] [Fwd: starting a career in bioinformatics]

Deanne lilyth at umich.edu
Thu Mar 8 22:58:35 EST 2001

Friend & I have just registered "bioinfotech.org" and "bioinfotech.net"

Purpose is to act as a clearing house for all things bioinformatics and
information tech related directly to biology (not necessarily related
entirely to coding, so it's not stepping on la Open Lab). :) Articles,
news, commentary, gripes, raves, rants, software and industry reviews,
academic departments, etc. Maybe a who's who of the field. Something.
Think slashdot for bioinformatics.

It's a not-for-profit news/info site that will eventually answer questions
like this one, "How do I get a job in this field." "What is there left to
do?" "What do I need to know?"  It'll be a good place to point people,
anyway.

And of course, it can host papers and articles from bioinformaticians, ala
slashdot.

Dunno when it'll be up. In my spare time, I suppose.  Which I still owe
some here and there. ...including my gengnome project and piper. Sigh. But
it has to be done and no use waiting...if anyone wants to get involved,
just ask.....

Deanne