[BiO BB] Career Question

Brian Rankin bniknar at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 10 02:36:52 EDT 2001

Hello,

I'm interested in moving into the field of bioinformatics.  My background is
pure Information Technology; I've been working with and managing large
systems (Solaris/Oracle/networking/security) for over 12 years.  I've always
had a strong interest in science and biology, and it seems logical that
bioinformatics may be the place for me.  However: I don't have any formal
training or degree in a biological field (I have an MBA).

Is there any way I can move into bioinformatics, using my current skillset?
All advice greatly appreciated.

Sincerely, Brian Rankin