[BiO BB] Free Software for MacIntosh

Philipp Pagel philipp.pagel at cmp.yale.edu
Thu Oct 25 10:14:27 EDT 2001

		Hi!

> Dear bioinformatics members. I am a MacIntosh user and looking for
> easy to use software to edit and analyse sequencing data. Also I
> would be very interested in a system which allows me to draw Plasmid
> maps and all the necessary features that go with it.

There is a nice little tool called JellyFish. It is available for Windoze,
Mac and UNIX/LINUX for free from:

http://www.biowire.com/bw_jsp/j_welcome_top.jsp

If you are interested in buying something you may want to look at
Lasergene (DNA Star), Vector NTI, biotools, MacVector:

http://www.dnastar.com/products/products.html

http://www.informaxinc.com/

http://www.biotools.com/

http://www.accelrys.com/products/macvector/

I'm sure there are many others that I'm not aware of..

cu
	Philipp

--
Dr. Philipp Pagel
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology         phone: (203) 785-6835