[BiO BB] C# in Bioinformatics? [no way!]

Roger Pettett rmp at sanger.ac.uk
Wed Feb 6 16:43:00 EST 2002

On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, Ravi Mayreddy wrote:

> Hi:
> We would like to teach UNIX for a group of bioinformatics students. Any
> pointers to what to teach and any bioinformatics examples/exercises
> available?
> Thanks in advance!

UNIX-related - re: perl in bioinformatics
I guess it would be fair to say perl exposes unix insides to a degree
worthy of mention. IMHO It's probably worth teaching something at a
slightly higher level than 'UNIX' for bioinformatics, and perl's a good
place to start! :)

 Roger Michael Pettett             Email: rmp at sanger.ac.uk
 Project Leader (Web Systems),     Web: http://www.sanger.ac.uk/
 The Sanger Institute