[BiO BB] Bioinformatics SME's

Ravi Mayreddy RMayreddy at NBME.org
Tue Jan 15 10:07:02 EST 2002

Hi:

I need some help from you guys. I am teaching database management and data
mining concepts for a group of biologists who are interested in
bioinformatics. I am IT person with little knowledge of biology applications
of Databases. I need some pointers that will be able to help me to teach the
database concepts elegantly with biology db examples. If I can borrow a
small bio db schema with some data in it, would be immensely helpful.

Also, any data/info on data maining is appreciated!!

Thanks In Advance.

-Ravi

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter oledzki [mailto:biopolak at yahoo.co.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2002 8:30 AM
To: bio_bulletin_board at bioinformatics.org
Subject: RE: [BiO BB] Bioinformatics SME's

Sorry for not being in contact sooner but i broke my
leg on holiday in Switzerland and i just got back a
few days ago.

Right i'm writing an essay (1500 Words)on SME's in
Bioinformatics ANY help will be good as i'm already
behind and i have only researched the field by using
google with the words SME's and bioinformatics.

Pointing me to the source will be a great help

Any help would be a great help....

Cheers Peter