[BiO BB] large file uploads

T.D. Houfek tdhoufek at unity.ncsu.edu
Thu Jul 18 15:19:01 EDT 2002

I believe there are two separate variables you need to adjust to allow the
upload of large files.  One is the upload_max_filesize you've already
discovered.  The other is called post_max_size.  It specifies an upper limit
on the amount of data allowed in any POST operation -- including file uploads.
So if upload_max_filesize=2G and post_max_size=8M, you will still only be
able to upload file of size <=8M.

At least, that's what I read the other day.  I've never actually tried it.
So let me know if it works, eh?

T.D.

T.D. Houfek
system administrator / bioinformatics developer
Fungal Genomics Laboratory
Center for Integrated Fungal Research (CIFR)
North Carolina State University
ph: (919)513-0025  e: tdhoufek at unity.ncsu.edu