[BiO BB] About additivity, I have a question.

김봉현 joshuabhkim at dreamwiz.com
Wed Jul 24 06:04:44 EDT 2002

Hi, everybody.

I am working on making a java class for Phylogenetic tree generation, using Neighbor-joining method.

While making the class, I read about additivity properties from the paper and books.

My question is that if a given distance matrix doesn't hold that additivity property, than what shall we do and what can be done to avoid or alleviate that problem.

I tried to get idea from other program sources, as far as I have been searching I could not grep any.

Please help me. :)

Thanks in advance
Kim, Bong-Hyun from Korea

DreamWiz Free Mail @ http://www.dreamwiz.com/