[BiO BB] Run server program remotely?

Chunlei Wu Chunlei.Wu at uth.tmc.edu
Wed Jun 5 11:57:14 EDT 2002

It's good to show by an example:
Supppose I can run "clustalw INFILE" on server terminal, is there a tool
allowing me to run this command locally, just like I have clustalw
installed locally? In the back, this tool will upload my local INFILE onto
server and run "clustalw INFILE" on the server, and then send back the
output to my local computer. The uploaded data file will be deleted from
server after use.

"Clustalw" here is just for example. Of course, I can install it on my
local computer. But for those programs available only on server or those
need strong server power, this tool (if exists) will give much convenience.

Thanks.

CL