[BiO BB] request for information on job opportunities in bioinformatics

Satyakam Goswami goswami at iiit.net
Sun Nov 10 11:51:38 EST 2002

On Sun, 2002-11-10 at 21:04, Derek Pyper wrote:
> Where do you live?

where did u do this course from GVKBio,Ocimum ???

>   i am b.tech in chemical engineering with distinction and i had a
> 15 months of industrial experience as process engineer and i am
> good at C,  C++, fortran ,pascal programming
>   please tell me about the job opportunities for the
> bioinformatics engineers in software field or biotech field.
>   please spare some time for me.

the best place to start would be http://www.bioinformatics.org/faq where
we have a list of institutes , the world economy is in a state of flux
and except the people who are established in the field are finding it
difficult to get jobs, on the contrary i heard Satyam is employing
people with less experience because they will come with a smaller pay
packet.

suggest you to hang on the list look out for opportunities abroad but
that will come only with experience have you tried at ILabs??

HTH
S.Goswami