[BiO BB] request for information on job opportunities inbioinformatics

Prasad Phirke prasadp77ie at yahoo.ie
Tue Nov 12 02:42:05 EST 2002

Hello Seabi,

It depends on how do define experty.

I wrote taking into consideration that student is of
molcular biology background. If the student wishes to
learn all back end bioinformatics then of course he
will have to learn programming languages, of which he
has no clue whatsoever. It will take at least an year
to have "good hand" on those languages (I don't mean
that the student will certainly become expert, depends
on student)

So by the time, you really become "expert" you take 4-
5 years. (Its generally case for molecular biology
students taking up bioinformatics project for their
PhD)

Hope I made myself clear.

Good Luck

Prasad