[BiO BB] Bioinformatics and PHP

Patrick K. O'Brien pobrien at orbtech.com
Wed Sep 18 11:25:25 EDT 2002

[Steve Edberg]

> To summarize - I, and others in my group have written various pre-
> and post-processors and viewers in PHP (also Tcl/Tk, Python and Java,
> depending on the exact tool). The tools we use for analysis - eg;
> BLAST, ClustalW, etc. - are as far as I know usually written in some
> C dialect.

Given your experience with the languages you mentioned, I was wondering if
you could talk a little about when and why you would choose PHP over the
others. In particular, I'm curious to know when you would prefer PHP to
Python. (I promise I'm not trying to start a flame war.)

Thanks,

Pat

--
Patrick K. O'Brien