[BiO BB] Can this be set up here? [Fwd: RE: [blast-help]filtering?]

Francis Ouellette francis at bioinformatics.ubc.ca
Mon Aug 18 13:09:53 EDT 2003

> I am looking for a place where people
> can discuss parameters, protocols and
> results of sequences searching.

I don't think there is a place for this, although historically
those queries probably went to bionet software, or bionet
genbank (neither of which is really ideal, except maybe
bionet software).

see:

http://www.bio.net
http://www.bio.net/archives.html
http://www.bio.net/hypermail/bio-software/
http://www.bio.net/hypermail/genbankb/

(that being said, for your blast questions, I would
look at the latest O'Reilley book called: BLAST!

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/blast/

cheers,

f.

disclaimer: I am not associated with that book, if
            anything, it competes with a chapter
            in our book :-)

--
BF Francis Ouellette        http://bioinformatics.ubc.ca/ouellette