[BiO BB] RE: BiO_Bulletin_Board digest, Vol 1 #586 - 1 msg

Sucheta Tripathi tsucheta at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 15 06:29:39 EST 2003

Hi,

I think there are several ways one can do ESt analysis if you have large
number of sequences.

I am not sure if your sequences have been quality trimmed, and cleaned of
vector, primer sequences.

The next step would be to clusetr them followed by assembly. There are lots
of tools available, and many people develop their own, as we have with
d2cluster and cap3. Alternatively you can obtain a copy of tgicl developed
by TIGR. It is quite handy and does both clustering and assembly. The
clustering is based on megablast and assembly on cap3.

For running a blast, you can get blast help from its ftp site, and can setup
local blast and run blast for all the sequences at a time.

You can't run blast against swissprot and EST sequences at one go. since you
can't format data for protein and nucleotide sequences together.

Hope this helps

Sucheta
size=4>**********************************************<BR>Sucheta Tripathy,
Ph.D.
                        <BR>Senior Research
Associate,
                        <BR>Virginia Bioinformatics
Institute,        <BR>Virginia
Polytechnic & State Institute,   <BR>Virginia, USA,
24061
<BR>Phone
540-231-8138(O)
<BR>
540-443-1763(H) </FONT></PRE></DIV></html>