[BiO BB] How many peptide residues can form a meaningful/functional protein sequence?

James Freeman jmfreeman at attbi.com
Sun Feb 9 12:27:49 EST 2003

Hi Jia,

If you your definition is broad enough that you can use the very small
peptide chain held in the MHC complex's "Jaws of Life" as a possible
lower bound of a "meaningful functional protein sequence".  Take a look
at:

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/richard.casimir/autoimmunediseases.htm

as a basic reference.

James Freeman