[BiO BB] Visualisation software

seabi seabi at indiatimes.com
Mon May 12 04:05:11 EDT 2003

Mr. Suresh,

for the benefit of our students studying PG courses in bioinformatics, I will be thankful if u could provide the link for he benefit of the students.

malik bp

e.mail:seabi at indiatimes.com

bio_bulletin_board at bioinformatics.org wrote:

Hi,

We have a Visualization software called Gene Picker, which is a proof of
consept.

Gene Picker is a web based tool that is developed to display Genetic
Information in an easy to use graphical format. The objective is to enable
the scientist to access Genetic information archived in a back end database
through a graphical representation. This would enable the scientist to
quickly seek and retrieve data useful to the research he is conducting. The
basic search is done using a standard querying format of entering the text
string into the search field and the relevant gene / intron is retrieved.
The retrieved sequence is a text string of varying length and comprises the
four nucleotides.

Gene Picker is web based and is developed on open source platform. The main
feature of Gene Picker is that it can be customized to a specific
representation requirement of the Scientist. The application is scalable in
that it can handle a huge volume of data and represent each retrieved
sequence graphically and enable the end user to view all the annotations and
enter annotations of their own. In a typical commercial deployment, more
powerful search engines would be used to access data from multiple public
and proprietary databases.

If you would be interested , we could send you more details on Gene Picker
and also give you a secured Login and password through you could browse
through the application and get the feel of it.

Looking forward to here from you,

Warm Regards,

Suresh

Sakti Group, NY