[BiO BB] Genome BOX Search

Fabio Henrique Pfeilsticker de Knegt fhpk at hotmail.com
Wed May 21 14:03:41 EDT 2003

  Hi everyone, this is my debut message on this list. I´m glad that I´ve
found you and I´m in need of some advice...

  I´m interested in searching for some special sequences, like TATA and PHO
boxes, in a non-anotated bacterial genomic sequence (from TIGR UFMG) . What
would be the best strategy for that? A blast search with the consensus
sequence or something like a DNA motif search?

  Thank you,

  Fábio Henrique Pfeilsticker de Knegt, CBMEG - UNICAMP. Campinas-SP,
Brasil.