[BiO BB] Matching and Filtering

Pooja Jain pooja at igc.gulbenkian.pt
Mon Nov 17 06:15:10 EST 2003

Dear List members,

I am having a txt file with a list of accession numbers for few of the
seqeuence from entire Arabidopsis thaliana genome. I have another tab
delimited txt file with all the accession numbers and other details about
every sequence peresent in the genome of it (row wise). From this later
file I want to filter the details about only those  sequences which have
the same accesion numbers as in the former file.

Could some one please suggest some simple way to do this matching and
filtering? I tried using the simple shell scripts commands like cmp and
diff but none of them worked. Is ther any other command I can use with the
shell. Any other way to do so with perl is also welcome.
Thank you.
Best Regards,
-Pooja