[BiO BB] QBLAST

yhuang4 at memphis.edu yhuang4 at memphis.edu
Wed Nov 26 09:47:39 EST 2003

Dear Malcolm,
i just saw your post about QBLAST on Sep 2003. I wrote code for batch
BLAST through QBLAST at begining of this year (my Master project of
bioinformatics). The code was written in JAVA and Perl (Bioperl).

The flexibility of the code is:
0.good for single query or batch queries, BLASTn and BLASTp
1. observe the length of the first sequence of the batch queries, and
automatically decide the parameters
2.dynamically check the working process
3.output format: HTML XML, Text
4.parse the result (Bioperl)and extraxt info by the user, e.g. top 1,
or 2.. hit.

If you are still interested in QBLAST, please contact me.

Yong Huang
Feinstone center for genomic research
University of Memphis
(901) 678 2458