[BiO BB] i need help regarding bioperl

ram kan drkannanphd at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 11 10:06:51 EDT 2003

Hi
first sure that you had installed perl.
The open a notepad (OR click start; run; type notepad; enter) type something. Like
Print "My first perl"
Keep it as such.
open command (Or click start; run; type command; enter)
check the folder in the command. Mostly it will be C:/desktop.
then save the note pad in desktop and give the any file name XXXXX.pl before giving the name of file change the version from text file to ALL files.
now type perl XXXX.pl in command line.
your file will open. now after you can do as you like.
Kannan

Hi
  Iam a student of  PGD in bioinformatics in chennai INDIA.. Iam trying to learn about bioperl wich is appart from my sylabus ,
   I have installed active perl In my home pc windows XP  its working good , then i downloaded bioperl from internet with all other entire accesory file from CPAN .
   Iam not able 2 run bioperl programs that is being given as sample programs.

      If u could help me plzz, reply me  ,stating my requirements on the files thst i have to download and how to run bioperl program in windows.
     While running gome of the programs through dos prompt as perl filename.pl  iam not getting the out put iam getting command executable prompt in the next line. Idont know where the out put goes .

     If u could plzz reply me it will a great help for me to learn bioperl.

waiting for ur reply.

thanking you,

bala vijayan.