[BiO BB] COGs

Boris Steipe boris.steipe at utoronto.ca
Thu Apr 8 08:56:57 EDT 2004

Hm. A simple BLAST will not necessarily find orthologues. Rememeber,
COGs are not just functional annotations, they are Clusters of
Orthologous Groups.

Since COGs are produced by the NCBI you will not find them elsewhere,
if they are not on the NCBI site. You can of course try to emulate
their procedure of finding reciprocal best-matches.

If you can define more precisely what you are trying to achieve, maybe
there are alternative ways to do this.

Boris