[BiO BB] request for suggestion

Parthav Jailwala pajailwala at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 5 10:08:27 EST 2004

Dear Mr. Rajat,

You have considered most of the factors here, however, I am not sure if you have also included 'Alternative splicing' in one or more factors listed below.
Alternatively spliced forms of the same protein would indirectly affect transcript stability and/or protein transport. so it looks important to me.

Parthav Jailwala

Rajat Kumar De <rajat at isical.ac.in> wrote:
Dear Colleague,

I am looking for some papers on the mathematical modeling of following
controlling factors of gene expression. It would be a great help to me,
if somebody can provide me some papers/links or some suggestions, on the
mathematical models of these factors in controlling gene expression.

The controlling factors are:
1. Chromatin Structure
2. Transcriptional Initiation
3. Transcript Processing and Modification
4. RNA Transport
5. Transcript Stability
6. Translational Initiation
7. Post-Translational Modification
8. Protein Transport
9. Control of Protein Stability

Please also let me know, if there are other controlling factors of gene
expression.

Regards,

Rajat

* Rajat K. De, Ph.D. | Telephone *
* Assistant Professor | Office : 91-33-25753105 *
* Machine Intelligence Unit | Residence : 91-33-25796860 *
* Indian Statistical Institute | Mobile : 91-9830013571 *
* 203 B.T. Road | Fax : 91-33-25783357 *
* Kolkata 700108 | 91-33-25773035 *
* INDIA. | Email : rajat at isical.ac.in *
BiO_Bulletin_Board maillist - BiO_Bulletin_Board at bioinformatics.org