[BiO BB] Mandrake 10.0 and Swiss PDB viewer

Iddo Friedberg idoerg at burnham.org
Wed Jun 30 14:14:34 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I recently installed Mandrake 10.0, and I an trying to run
SwissPDB-Viewer, which worked fine on my RH7.3 machine.

When I run the lates version (3.7sp5) I get a:

/usr/share/SPDBV/bin/spdbv.Linux: error while loading shared libraries:
libXm.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

A symolic link:
/usr/X11R6/lib/libXm.so.3 -> /usr/X11R6/lib/libXm.so.2.0.1

and /sbin/ldconfig
did not help.

Downgrading to version 3.7 I manage to run the program, but I get no
test in the menu bar area, rendering spdbv pretty much useless. Changing
color depth on the graphics device did not help.

Iddo Friedberg, Ph.D.
The Burnham Institute
10901 N. Torrey Pines Rd.
La Jolla, CA 92037 USA