[BiO BB] rmsd calculation

Sourangshu Bhattacharya sourangshu at csa.iisc.ernet.in
Sun Sep 19 11:32:56 EDT 2004

Hi Pankaj,

I believe you are having problem in finding out the equivalences.
Generally, a nearest neighbour approach is very intuitive. That is you say
that one residue has been equivalenced with it's nearest spatial
neighbour.

However, it is not guarranteed to be symmetric. That is, a is NN for b
doesn't mean b has to be NN for a. You can use any heuristic there.

After this RMSD calculation is just computation !!!

Sourangshu