[BiO BB] Scop Domain Names

Dan Bolser dmb at mrc-dunn.cam.ac.uk
Tue Apr 5 15:16:05 EDT 2005

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005, Sourangshu Bhattacharya wrote:

>Hi,
>I just noticed that some domain names (in the sequence files) start with
>'g' instead of 'd' as usual. Is there any specific reason for it ??

See the readme at astral. g stands for genetic, and means that the rare
scop domains which are composed of separate chains are concatenated in the
sequence (with an X) in 'genetic' order (from the DNA).

It is also used for those domains which are several fragments of the same
chain, for example when one domain is inserted into the loop of another
domain.

If you can understand PDB entry 1dan in SCOP you will know what is going
on.

dan