[BiO BB] IMAGE IDs to chromosomal locations

Vibhor Gupta vxg189 at bham.ac.uk
Fri Apr 8 08:17:35 EDT 2005

Hello all,

I have been working on the analysis of some microarray data. I am at a stage whereby I have a selection of genes and I am interested in looking at their specific chromosomal locations. Since in the GPR files I am only provided with the IMAGE IDs (referring to the EST sequence present on the spot), I am looking for a software or a database engine that provides me with the corresponsing GENBANK IDs (or even better, the chromosomal locations). In the GAL file I have been provided some Genbank IDs but the list is not complete (and so it would be good to have a list of Genbank IDs as well). I would be grateful to anyone who could help me in this matter. Thankyou.

Mr. Vibhor Gupta
Research Associate (Chromatin and Gene Expression Group)
Division of Immunity and Infection - Anatomy
Institute of Biomedical Research
University of Birmingham
Birmingham - B15 2TT
Email: v.gupta.1 at bham.ac.uk