[BiO BB] paper

Marcos Oliveira de Carvalho operon at cbiot.ufrgs.br
Thu Aug 18 15:05:22 EDT 2005

Dear all,

Looking some papers about phylogenomic methods I found this reference:

However, in the paragraph below, I was very confused:

"More precisely, GBDP starts with an all-against-all pairwise
comparison of genomes using BLASTN (Altschul et al., 1990).
In a second step, a distance matrix is calculated from the
resulting HSPs **(High Speed Products)**.
Here, we studied a number of variants which are described in detail

High Speed Products?

I wonder they are not talking about "high score segment pairs" (HSSPs also
abbreviated as HSPs).