[BiO BB] please tell me your opinion about the new BLAST API

Sotiris Salloum ssal at intracom.gr
Thu Dec 15 13:26:12 EST 2005

Dear Christoph,

Actually Java string processing is very easy, compared to other languages.
Check http://www.sitepoint.com/article/java-regex-api-explained , regarding
your contribution looks very nice.

Regarding performance issues with the new 64bit processors, java performance
differences with other languages will be minor, the major thing is
productivity and structured/reusable bioinformatics software.

Regards
Sotiris