[BiO BB] tacg ver 4.1 now at sourceforge

Harry Mangalam hjm at tacgi.com
Fri Feb 25 16:23:40 EST 2005

People have been bugging me to release recent work on tacg and while
I've been happy to oblige on a case by case basis, I haven't update
the sourceforge release for a (very long) while.  Now I have.

tacg is a GPL'ed command-line program for *nix that performs many of
the common routines in pattern matching in biological strings. It was
originally designed for restriction enzyme analysis and while that
still forms a core of the program, it has been expanded to fill more
roles, sort of a 'grep' for DNA.

Like grep, it's relatively small, fast (5-30x comparable GCG apps),
memory efficient (>10x more efficient than the EMBOSS apps), has tons
of options, but has relatively crude text output (except for the PDF
plasmid maps).

See http://tacg.sourceforge.net for details.

--
Cheers, Harry