[BiO BB] Coordinate System for Biomolecules

Pooja Jain pjain at xldb.di.fc.ul.pt
Thu Jul 28 14:10:30 EDT 2005

Hi All,

Could anybody share the basic concept about different coordinate systems
primarily used to describe the 3D structures of DNA, RNA and proteins? Are
there any terms like Nucleic Acid Coordinate System and Protein Coordinate
System?

I was reading basics about Coordinate Systems from Wikipedia but I was unable
to correlate it to explain the structure of Biomolecules  and to understand
how structure simulation/Prediction techniques works using coordinate
systems ? Any insight about what I asked or anything related would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you.

Best Wishes,
-Pooja