[BiO BB] Problem with BLAST

Marcos Oliveira de Carvalho operon at cbiot.ufrgs.br
Tue Jun 14 11:10:15 EDT 2005

I think that you hit a bug of BLAST(p). Either the manual or "blastall" do
not show a way to deal with that problem. Maybe the way BLAST know if the
sequence is protein or DNA is hardcoded, like clustal (using the symbol
frequencies).

One trick could be change the symbols of your protein (A by W, G by L,
...) and modify the score matrix you are using accordingly.

cheers

Marcos