[BiO BB] Most common protein fold?

Hamid Nikbakht nikbakht at ibb.ut.ac.ir
Thu Oct 6 09:09:31 EDT 2005

Dear Paul,
You are so lucky!
Go there:
http://scop.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk/scop/parse/index.html
you can find some parsable files taht you can find tou resuls here:
dir.cla.scop.txt 1.69 1.67 1.65 1.63 1.61 1.59 1.57 1.55
If you chose the last version (1.69) of SCOP flat file you can find a page
that have a list of protein with their scop (SCCS) code. each code
represents the common fold, super family, family...  of each protein. for
instance if you wanna have information about a protein with 1isc PDB code
you will see this line:
d1iscb1	1isc	B:1-82	a.2.11.1 ......
You can simply write a 2-3 lines code that parse this file. then you can
find not only waht you want but also everything other about protein folds.
I'm sure you can B'Caz I could do it before ;)

Yours truly,
Behnam

/*
Hamid( Behnam )Nikbakht,
M.Sc of Cell and Molecular Sciences
Bioinformatics Center
Laboratory of Biophysics and Molecular Biology
Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics
University of Tehran
P.O.Box 13145-1384
Tehran, Iran.
Tel: (+98 21) 6498672