[BiO BB] Education: Tuition-free online bioinformatics training seeking students

Afsaneh Motamed-Khorasani afsanehmotamed at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 25 13:53:03 EDT 2006

Hi,

  I have all other requirements you asked for this grant except for being a US citizen.  I am a Canadaian citizen and I am planning to come over to US and reside there for my job.

  Can I use any exemption in my case.  I already have a PhD from life sciences and I worked closely with microarray, affymetrix, real-time PCR, Tissue microaaray and lots of high troughput methods of protein screening.  This course will be extremely useful for me and I would be really appreciative if I can use it toward my goal to become an expert scientist in bioinformatics.

  Please notify me if I am eligible so that I can send you my CV.  I just got the approval for my paper to be published in Oncogene reagrding all these bioinformatics I did for my PhD.

  Thanks,
  Afsaneh

Ann Reed <areed at imdc.org> wrote:
      BiTmaP: Bioinformatics Training Program is seeking students for the Fall 2006 semester. The application deadline is June 9, 2006. All tuition and course materials are paid for by a generous grant from the U.S. Dept. of Labor.
  BiTmaP courses are accredited and provided by the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC). Our program consists of on-line lectures, industry seminars and work-site and internship experiences that focus on standard bioinformatics principles and protocols used widely throughout industry and academia.
  Students complete 3 of the following 4 courses and earn 12-graduate level credits and a certificate in bioinformatics from UIC. BiTmaP courses are: Introduction to Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Functional Computational Genomics and Microarray, Molecular Modeling in Bioinformatics.
  Minimum qualifications for applicants:
1. U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency
2. Minimum B.S. degree, preferably in C.S.
3. Minimum 3.0 or B average GPA
4. Aptitude, enthusiasm or interest in moving to a career in the life sciences.
  To pre-qualify for tuition sponsorship, send a resume or CV to apply at bitmapchicago.com. For more information, please visit http://www.bitmapchicago.com/ or email areed at bitmapchicago.com.
  This program is intended to help re-train American workers, so U.S. citizenship or permanent residency is required.
  Ann Reed
Director, BiTmaP: Bioinformatics Training Program
Chicago Technology Park
312.243.1289
www.BiTmaPchicago.com
Bioinformatics.Org general forum - BiO_Bulletin_Board at bioinformatics.org