[BiO BB] Help : How to interoperate between a WebServer and aCluster ?

Balamurugan.R rb at hcl.in
Sat Dec 30 22:54:30 EST 2006

Hi Shameer,

If you already have a cluster setup and running and you also have a
dedicated web server that can reach the head node of your cluster in the
network, then your job is simple.

All you have to do is install and cluster resource manager and scheduler.

Below is a list of few open source tools you could use.

1. TORQUE

2. SLURM

If what you wish is a simple FIFO queue and no complications, then the
choice would be SLURM.

It is very simple to port and install SLURM on a linux cluster.

Just three steps.

1.       Install SLURM.

2.      At the web server, convert the query into a linux shell script that
can run independently.

3.      Submit the job to the head node of the cluster using srun command of
the SLURM utility.

You can check with the documentation of this utility at
www.llnl.gov/linux/slurm

Hope this helps.

Happy new year!

Best Regards,

Balamurugan.R,

HCL Infosystems Ltd.

  _____

| RS 107/5, 6 & 7, Sedarapet  |  Puducherry -605111, India. |
| *Office :   0413-2677585 | *Extn: 120  | Email: rb at hcl.in |

  _____

This e-Mail may contain proprietary and confidential information and is sent
for the intended recipient(s) only.  If by an addressing or transmission
error this mail has been misdirected to you, you are requested to delete
this mail immediately. You are also hereby notified that any use, any form
of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message, contents or its
attachment other than by its intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited.