[BiO BB] how to find gene neighbours

Pankaj pankaj at nii.res.in
Fri Feb 10 01:43:13 EST 2006

Hi Pooja,
Nops!
By gene neighbours I mean genes which are positionally close together on the
genome, ie adjoining genes.
Although I found the NCBI's map viewer friendly, but I couldnt figure out how
 to automate a script which can find gene neighbours for all the GI's that I
have. Presently, having a GI number I can find gene neighbours manually by
looking at the chromosome map, but I dont know how data is organised in the
database, so that I can automate the process.
Any help on this will be highly appreciated!
Cheers,
Pankaj Khurana