[BiO BB] What exactly the clustering of DNA means?

maithreyi thaticherla maithreyi_roses at yahoo.co.in
Wed Feb 15 11:02:16 EST 2006

Hi
  This is Maithreyi , studying final B.Tech . Iam doing a project on Clustering a DNA sequence.
  Iam a computer student so iam not having knowledge on this bioinformatics.But iam interested to know how is this DNA present in our body.
  My doubt is how can we cluster a DNA sequence.Iam using k-means algorithm and iam unable to link this algorithm with my topic.
  I want to know the exact steps of k-means algorithm with Clustering of DNA sequences.
  Can anyone help me immediately plz.
  k bye